The Arabian Nights: A Companion Review

The Arabian Nights: A Companion
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy The Arabian Nights: A Companion? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on The Arabian Nights: A Companion. Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

The Arabian Nights: A Companion ReviewAs someone who loved the "Arabian Nights" since childhood, I eagerly read this book as well. For the most part, I wasn't disapointed. It does a wonderful job of setting the scene, discussing its origins, its distortions, and showing how the stories relate to medieval Arabian life. I was particularly impressed with the section discussing the connections between various story collections in both Asia and Europe. In short, this book helps the reader better understand this complex (and often confusing)work. The chapters are all clearly laid out and well argued, and the book as a whole is easy to read. He has complex ideas, but is able to communicate them fluidly.
One idea I would challenge, however. I believe the scholars who argue that the more "complete" manuscripts probably arose from increased European interest in it. It makes sense that writers would add filler to reach 1001 nights in response to consumer demand.
An interesting read for fans of "Arabian Nights."The Arabian Nights: A Companion Overview

Want to learn more information about The Arabian Nights: A Companion?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment