Speak Arabic For Beginners—The Michel Thomas Method™ (8-CD Beginner's Program) (Michel Thomas Series) Review

Speak Arabic For Beginners—The Michel Thomas Method™ (8-CD Beginner's Program) (Michel Thomas Series)
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy Speak Arabic For Beginners—The Michel Thomas Method™ (8-CD Beginner's Program) (Michel Thomas Series)? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Speak Arabic For Beginners—The Michel Thomas Method™ (8-CD Beginner's Program) (Michel Thomas Series). Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

Speak Arabic For Beginners—The Michel Thomas Method™ (8-CD Beginner's Program) (Michel Thomas Series) ReviewI already posted my review of the Foundation course.
http://shrinkify.com/eo3
I see this "advanced course" more as a complement to the Foundation course than as an "advanced" course.
When you finish this course you are unlikely to understand conversations, but you can build you own sentences with a limited vocabulary, and you have (painlessly) acquired the essentials of grammar.
More importantly you feel confident that you actually can envision speaking Arabic. Well, the Egyptian dialect, which is widely understood.
Grammar is made simple and absorbed. The mechanisms of the language are simply explained and internalised.
I wish I had used this program before I used Pimsleur Eastern Arabic, i would have better benefited from Pimsleur's 2 levels. Although Pimsleur very efficiently gives you more (yet limited) vocabulary and what you need to be an efficient traveller, its quite hard at the beginning. The dialect differences are obvious and not important. Some words differ , pronunciation differs, but it's easy to deal with the differences, similarities are stronger than the differences.
After these Foundation ad introductory courses, I went through Pimsleur Eastern Arabic very fastly a second time. And my feeling is that I was ready to learn more: more vocabulary and more verb tenses. Which I did as you'll see.
In brief, Pimsleur taught me lots of useful sentences and basic vocabulary, but it was not that simple (and it's awfully expensive). Michel Thomas / Wightwick / Gaafar give the structural understanding of the language and this dramatically improved my abilities to build new, never heard before sentences.
It is quite likely that the next final "vocabulary" level will be very useful.
The course , it should be stressed, should be used as they tell, in a laid back manner: relax and let it flow in and out (I mean you are goind to produce sentences that will easily flow out). Don't strain and don't try to remember. You're not at school , you are learning to speak a new weird mysterious language for real ! With very few CDs (8 + 4) that I essentially used while running , or driving (which is not the best usage of the CDs but the best usage of my available time) I deem the results remarkable.
Then one has to use other materials to reach a conversational level.
After I tried some other Eastern Arabic and Egyptian arabic material which did not eally suit me well, I eventually bought the Linguaphone complete Arabic course. This (Linguaphone) is a very thorough course with 10 dense CDs exclusively in Arabic. There are lost of new words, as in the Assimil methods(by the way I tried the Assimil Arabic for French speakers, it's audiotrack sounds nothing like Arabic and is ridiculously slow. An Arabic friend judged the Arabic used ridiculous pronounced. And I'm a huge fan of Assimil that I used for 4 other languages I can now speak quite well).
Linguaphone is not as rewarding as Pimsleur and Michel thomas /Wightwick/ Gaafar. I would not have been able to use it, had I not had an earlier introduction that allows me to progress. Of course , as this is classic Arabic , modernised, it's different, and more complicated. Still my previous introduction to Syrian / Eastern arabic (Pimsleur) and to Egyptian (with nicely taught grammar) now proves invaluable to make the best use of this very rich Linguaphone course whih I think must be very frustrating for a complete beginner.Take home message: if you want to learn Arabic, this course (Michel Thomas foundation and advanced) is the perfect introcuctory course to a widely understood Arabic dialect. I don't know were the "vocabulary " course will take us, but even without it , it's easy to improve one's abilities after Jane Wightwick and Mahmoud Gaafar have lead us to build new sentences , understanding the basics of this strange language's grammar, painlessly and almost unknowingly.I'd recommend this course as the first one if you want to learn Arabic. Otherwise, the other courses may disgust and deter you. With this one as a starter, you'll magnify your further learnings.
J.Speak Arabic For Beginners—The Michel Thomas Method™ (8-CD Beginner's Program) (Michel Thomas Series) Overview
More than 1 million Michel Thomas programs sold worldwide!Learn Arabic--no passport required!

No books. No writing. No drills. And nothing to memorize--ever! You will go from the basics to proficiency in no time with this complete course. Includes eight 60-minute audio CDs.


Want to learn more information about Speak Arabic For Beginners—The Michel Thomas Method™ (8-CD Beginner's Program) (Michel Thomas Series)?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment